Saturday, February 5, 2011

Father and Son

Every few months I take one of my three boys out for a guys night. One on one, just me and one of them. last night Luke and I took off for the Northland Inn and had a great time hanging out, eating a good meal, and talking, and catching a late movie. This morning we shared a cup of coffee and then spoiled ourselves with room service for breakfast. I think it's important for each of my boys to know that their Dad loves them beyond measure, and is willing to go to the ends of the earth for them. They can't know this from a distance. You can only achieve this by spending time with them. Listening to what is on their mind and in their heart. Sometimes, we don't even speak. We just sit next to each other and enjoy the other person just being there.

I think, that God, our Father wants to do the same thing with us. He wants to hang out and talk a bit. Maybe just hang out and not even say anything, but just enjoy each others company. You can't expect to have a relationship, unless you spend time with Him, and tell Him what's on you mind and in your heart. He already knows, but loves to hear us speak to Him.

As a father, I want my sons to know that I am there Always! God wants you to know that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment