Tuesday, February 15, 2011

ARE YOU AND I LIVING FOR THE SOULS OF MEN?

Have you and I lived to win souls at this noble rate? Are we possessed with the same all-absorbing desire? If not, why not? Jesus died for sinners, cannot we live for them? Where is our tenderness? Where is our love to Christ, if we seek not his honor in the salvation of men? O that the Lord would saturate us through and through with an undying zeal for the souls of men.

I love Charles Spurgeon! He is so eloquent with his words, and so deep with his thoughts. I know it is sometimes hard to understand the old english writing style, but yet the message seems to leap off the page at you. Jesus died for the sins of man. Are you and I living for the souls of men? If not, why not? That is the million dollar question. Are you embarassed of Jesus? Do you raise your hands in youth group, and live like you don't even know him at school? Do I leave Jesus behind when I go to work? I want to be saturated with a passion to live like there is no tomorrow. To speak the truth of Jesus to everyone I know and meet. Can we be completely possessed with the desire to see this generation meet Jesus face to face? There are hundreds of millions of students all around us that are going to hell unless someone shares the Truth of Jesus with them. Will it be you? Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment